Macarena López J.
Macarena López has focused her practice on projects, construction and engineering matters, advising on contractual, infrastructure, construction and litigation matters. Her experience as legal adviser includes several engineering and construction projects, both public and private works. She has also experience drafting and negotiating project agreements for energy and infrastructure projects. Regarding public concessions (Public Private Partnerships [PPP]), and private projects, she has experience in providing advice from the bidding or negotiation phase to the construction and operation stage, with emphasis on energy projects, roads, hospitals, subway works, airports and large-scale industrial infrastructure, among others.
Macarena joined Morales & Besa in 2021. She previously worked as an associate at the Projects and Construction practice of Molina Ríos Abogados (2015 – 2021). Currently, she is a professor of the Construction Law Graduate Certificate Program at Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile (2021 – to date), of which she was also a student and academic coordinator during 2020.
- Supreme Court, Admitted to practice (2015).
- Universidad de Los Andes, School of Law, Law degree with maximum distinction (2014).
- Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, Graduate Certificate in Construction Law (2020).
- Universidad de los Andes, Graduate Certificate in Natural Resources and Environmental Law (2016).
- Author of article “Gastos Generales en Chile y Deficiencias del RCOP”.
- Professor of the Construction Law Graduate Certificate Program at Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile (2021 – to date).